Bishop Satterlee endeavors to visit congregations regularly, just as pastors seek to visit congregants on a regular basis. Bishop Satterlee concentrates on congregations that invite him, congregations celebrating significant events, and those where there is a need. Bishop Satterlee is happy to schedule special worship services during the week, and finds these to be very meaningful times. They frequently include time for fellowship and conversation that Sunday morning cannot. Bishop Satterlee does his best to accept invitations to preach and/or preside, especially when there is a sacramental need due to vacation or vacancy.
Bishop Satterlee values conversations and visits with pastors and deacons. He considers it a privilege to pray with the rostered leaders of the synod. Please telephone Bishop Satterlee (517-321-5066). If he cannot receive your call, leave a message and he will call back as soon as possible.
Bishop Satterlee is also a recognized preacher, teaching theologian, and conference speaker. The North/West Lower Michigan Synod Council recognizes this vocation and supports Bishop Satterlee accepting invitations to preach, teach , and lead continuing education events, especially in preaching, as a way our synod contributes to the wider church.
You may schedule a congregation visit or invite Bishop Satterlee to reach, lecture or teach by calling the North/West Lower Michigan Synod Office (517-321-5066) or emailing Bishop Satterlee.
- Small Catechism for Adults, Zoom, November 28, 7 PM.
- Synod Staff, November 29, 10 AM.
- New Life, Spruce, December 2-3, 2023.
- Executive Committee, December 5, 12 PM.
- Region VI Bishops, December 5–6, 2023.
- Synod Council, December 9, 9:30 AM.
- Trinity, Grand Rapids, December 10, 2023.
- Synod Staff, December 13, 1 PM.
- Conference Deans, December 14, 11 AM.
- Synod Staff, December 20, 1 PM.
- Sabbatical, January 1-March 31, 2024.
- Living Water Ministries Board, January 23, 2 PM.
- Holy Week, March 24–31, 2024.
- Hope, Plainwell, April 7, 2024.
- Grace, Alpena, April 28, 2024.
- Zion, Cadillac, May 5, 2024.
- Synod Assembly, Zoom, May 11, 2024.
- Indiana – Kentucky Synod, June 7–9, 2024.
- Notre Dame Preaching Conference, June 17–19, 2024.
- ELCA National Youth Gathering, New Orleans, Louisiana, July 15–20, 2024.
- Conference of Bishops, September 26-30, 2024.
- Bishops Academy, January 5-13, 2025.
- Conference of Bishops, February 27-March 3, 2025.
- Holy Week, April 13-20, 2025.
- Synod Assembly with Bishop Election, Location, Mount Pleasant, May, 18-20, 2025.
- Notre Dame Preaching Conference, June 16–18, 2025.
- ELCA Churchwide Assembly, Phoenix, Arizona, July 28 – August 2, 2025.
- Bishop’s Personal Retreat, August 28 – September 2, 2025.
- Conference of Bishops, October 3–7, 2025.
- Conference of Bishops, February 24-28, 2026.
- Holy Week, March 29-April 5, 2026.
- Bishop’s Personal Retreat, August 28-September 1, 2026.
- Conference of bishops, September 22–26, 2026.